Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meet Dr. Cappa

As one of the contributors to the blog, I wanted to introduce myself. First, from an educational and job perspective. I graduated veterinary school from the University of Illinois in 2006. I then did a year long small animal rotating internship at Texas A&M University. During this time I rotated between different specialities at the hospital including time in cardiology, surgery, internal medicine, emergency medicine, and ophthalmology. After my year in Texas, I came back to Champaign and spent 1.5 years in the pathology department at the U of I.

Then, starting in January 2009 I started working for Dr. Beaumont at the Village Pet Doctor in Tolono, IL. I currently split my time between Village Pet Doctor and Southside Veterinary Clinic in Savoy, IL. Please click the links on the right to visit the website for both clinics. I am interested in all aspects of small animal medicine, but have a particular interest in surgery and ophthalmology.

On a personal note, I am happily married to a wonderful woman named Jill who is a teacher at one of the local middle schools. We have two wonderful children named Macy (3) and Tyler (1) and a dog named Ellie (8). Between the kids and dog we stay plenty busy, but in the free time I do have I enjoy running, reading, and if time permits sleeping.

I enjoy meeting new people and animals, so if you are in the process of looking for a veterinarian, please don't hesitate to contact either Southside Veterinary Clinic or the Village Pet Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment