Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hello from the river city!

Hello! I am Dr. Johnson from Peoria's Mt. Hawley Animal Clinic! I'm really excited about this Blog! What an excellent vehicle to bring a lot of people together and share interests, laughs, concerns and discuss my favorite topic...Veterinary medicine!

I am a native of Metamora and graduated from Metamora High School. After High School I obtained my Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science at the University of Illionois at Champaign-Urbana. It was here that the concept of the Human-Animal bond was first introduced in a class instructed by Linda Case.

While attending college i worked as a Veterinary Assistant for Dr. Beaumont at Country View Veterinary Clinic in Champaign. i not only gained invaluable hands-on experience but learned of Ross University from Dr. Beaumont. Thanks Kurt!!!

Upon completion of my Bachelor's Degree I moved to the beautiful island of St. Kitts in the West Indies and began studying Veterinary medicine at Ross University. What an amazing experience! I lived and studied in paradise for three years!

I then returned to reality and completed a year of evaluated clinical study at the University of Missouri at Columbia. It was here that I really began to understand the Human-Animal Bond. I was introduced to many wonderful people and experienced and learned invaluable skills. At Mizzou one concept remained a common thread...Client-Patient care and the idea of the Human-Animal Bond. This is where I realized the impact the Human-Animal Bond can have and the importance of listening to clients.


After a year, which seemed like a week, it was time to return home. I embarked on one year of evaluated practice at Country View Veterinary Clinic in Champaign. It was finally nice to be home. I them moved back to the Peoria area to work for Dr. Beaumont at Mt. Hawley Animal Clinic. After three years I felt the call to leave and serve those who had a difficult or impossible time getting to the clinic and started building a house call clientele. What an amazing, overwhelming experience. Now we're talking Human-Animal Bond! After three years I re-joined forces with Dr. Beaumont at Mt. Hawley Animal Clinic and currently focus on House calls.

In practice I primarily focus on general internal medicine and surgery. I obviously have a special interest in the Human-Animal bond. I also have a passion for Practice Building techniques involving team building and education. My focus is developing and utilizing practice building techniques to build long lasting client relationships that I view as friendships.

My wife, Lara, is my best friend and soul mate. She has put up with me for seven years and we have a six year old son named Brendan who is a wonderful gift that we enjoy on a daily basis. We currently enjoy life with our five year old German Shepherd, Fritz, our ten year old calico cat, Fey, and our nineteen year old lovebird named Bogie.


In my spare time I enjoy working in the yard, cooking and creating healthy, great tasting meals and spending time with my family.

I enjoy learning and sharing knowledge about veterinary medicine. Providing the highest quality of medicine with compassion and convenience is my goal. Our clients are our friends. Feel free to come by or contact me at Mt. Hawley Animal Clinic in Peoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment